Thread: poachers caught in slieve blooms????

laois man but living in offaly for my sins

Default poachers caught in slieve blooms????

well lads, heard this from a friend of mine about two weeks ago and also from a chap i met when i went out for a shot yesterday.
    turns out two lads were stopped with 8 deer in the back of their jeep with lamping equipment aswell somewhere in the slieve blooms. was told that everything was confiscated; the deer (obviously), two rifles and the jeep!!!!!!! anyone else hear this: especially lads who hunt the slieve bloom area. god if its true its a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by doyle61 View Post
    well lads, heard this from a friend of mine about two weeks ago and also from a chap i met when i went out for a shot yesterday.
    turns out two lads were stopped with 8 deer in the back of their jeep with lamping equipment aswell somewhere in the slieve blooms. was told that everything was confiscated; the deer (obviously), two rifles and the jeep!!!!!!! anyone else hear this: especially lads who hunt the slieve bloom area. god if its true its a step in the right direction
    yeah I read about it somewhere, they were sitting in the dark with the lights off hiding when they were nabbed..ill see if i can find a link.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by doyle61 View Post
    some lads stopped in wickla a few weeks ago with the same

Quote Originally Posted by V MAX View Post
    some lads stopped in wickla a few weeks ago with the same
    Doyle didnt hear it. Although i dont buy the local rags.

JW, meant to ring ya, nice to see ya posting

heard this meself last week. heard two lads had jeep and guns confiscated, great news if true, would like something concrete about it tho as i just heard it from another fella, although he did have the names of the two lads supposedly caught.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by dustyirl View Post
    Doyle didnt hear it. Although i dont buy the local rags.

JW, meant to ring ya, nice to see ya posting
    no prob D ,will chat soon