Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First FAC Application

Thanks TikkaT3, Yeah I generally didn't have any issues with the application other than the extra referee I had to add

Lol Bullseye, that was hilarious

Surgeman, Thanks I'm getting a bit excited now, cant wait to go collect the rifle

Also, now that I have purchased and licensed a .22 Hornet, could I still license another .22 (.22lr or .22WHM) with the hornet or would I need to swap the hornet for the either of these? what about the .17HMR?

Once you have a "good reason" & required storage you should be able to get another rifle.

Thanks for the reply Bunny, okay so I should be able to license another .22 and still keep the Hornet, I was thinking of possibly getting a 22lr or 22wmr for more of a plinking/practicing rifle at the range as the ammunition is allot cheaper than the Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Thanks for the reply Bunny, okay so I should be able to license another .22 and still keep the Hornet, I was thinking of possibly getting a 22lr or 22wmr for more of a plinking/practicing rifle at the range as the ammunition is allot cheaper than the Hornet
    For cheap, fun, plinking and practicing, you can't go wrong with the 22lr. Although I'm a big fan of the wmr but it's just not as affordable for plinking.

If it was me, I'd hold tough buying another rifle until you see how you get on with the new one.

Reason being, you might decide you want to change the hornet and get a rimfire or have two rimfire or another centre fire. You might want a whole cabinet of each. But you will see the gap in your requirement a lot clearer if you find out the limit of the rifle you have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot.

If I had a Hornet I'd go for .22lr.

Chief Warrant Officer 3

Same as Bunny if I had a hornet I'd also go for a .22lr especially if it's for cheap practice.

Lance Corporal

+1 for the .22lr, the hornet will do everything the magnum will do and do it better
    if you get a .22lr you can run subsonics which you cant with a 22 mag
    .22lr ammo is cheaper than the 22 mag and you will have much more variety there are any amounts of different 22 lr brands and grains and speeds

Okay so its been just over a week since I spoke to the Garda regarding my license application, but still not received anything regarding licensing etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Okay so its been just over a week since I spoke to the Garda regarding my license application, but still not received anything regarding licensing etc...
    That's pretty normal. They have 12 weeks for a decision but I don't think you will have any problems. You might get a letter to say that your application has been received and you will have a decision within 12 weeks but they don't always issue those either.
    Don't be worrying
    Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot.