Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: First FAC Application

Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Ok so today I received my grant letter!

I just need to ask since I have moved and changed address, could I call the gents at FPU to get the address changed before making payment? Thanks
    Get your address sorted or gun licence will go to wrong house lad
    Last edited by xring 308; 23-04-2018 at 10:50.

Ok so today I received my grant letter!

I just need to ask since I have moved and changed address, could I call the gents at FPU to get the address changed before making payment? Thanks
    You already got an answer on that question and you responded on it... Here is the link, its on page 7 of your thread

http://www.irishshooter.com/showthre...referrerid=658

so call them before you pay or your licence will issue to the wrong house......
    Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot.

Thanks for the replies xring, tikka,

Tikka, yeah actually forgot about that, sorry , so I still have the Mail Redirection service available till 28th May
    Last edited by Lucas; 23-04-2018 at 12:08.

Thanks for the replies xring, tikka,

Tikka, yeah actually forgot about that, sorry , so I still have the Mail Redirection service available till 28th May
    ring up and you should have an updated grant letter, after a long wait i bet your over the moon. well ware.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeman View Post
    ring up and you should have an updated grant letter, after a long wait i bet your over the moon. well ware.
    Yeah I am very excited, I will be phoning the gents at the FPU and updating my address, but then do I wait for an updated grant letter or just pay for the license after phoning them as the license cert number wouldn't change?

Yeah I am very excited, I will be phoning the gents at the FPU and updating my address, but then do I wait for an updated grant letter or just pay for the license after phoning them as the license cert number wouldn't change?
    You already have your grant letter...........

All you are doing is informing them of your change of address so that your licence is sent to your new address and they have been informed that your home address has changed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tikkat3 View Post
    You already have your grant letter...........

All you are doing is informing them of your change of address so that your licence is sent to your new address and they have been informed that your home address has changed.

Thanks for the reply Tikka, ok so basically I can just let them know my address has changed so that the license goes to my new address, so I will phone them this morning then pay for the license later today, Thanks

Right so I phoned the FPU this morning and was told that I would need to fill in the FCA2 form then wait for a new grant letter confirming that my address has been updated

Right so I phoned the FPU this morning and was told that I would need to fill in the FCA2 form then wait for a new grant letter confirming that my address has been updated
    You still have been granted your licence and your rfd will, more than likely, give you the firearm on receipt of the grant letter and receipt of payment. (technically they shouldn't but many do)

Fca2 is for change of details and normally wouldn't be used until after you had your licence issued. I wouldn't worry about it, a couple of days is all it will be as everything is approved and it's just a reprint they are issuing

You are not being asked to start the whole process again

Last edited by tikkat3; 24-04-2018 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkat3 View Post
    You still have been granted your licence and your rfd will, more than likely, give you the firearm on receipt of the grant letter and receipt of payment. (technically they shouldn't but many do)

Fca2 is for change of details and normally wouldn't be used until after you had your licence issued. I wouldn't worry about it, a couple of days is all it will be as everything is approved and it's just a reprint they are issuing

You are not being asked to start the whole process again

ah ok thanks for the reply Tikka, sorry I'm completely new to all this so still learning what the processes are
    Last edited by Lucas; 24-04-2018 at 12:43.