Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shortage

Default Ammo shortage

Is 17 ammo going to get more expensive as there's a ammo shortage or is the 22 also ?

Noticed all ammo prices have jumped a lot lately. Ammo nearly always increases from delivery to delivery. Not seen shortages though.

I have a hornet ammo is to expensive to shoot rabbits and I want a rifle to shoot rabbits so I was going to get a 17 sometime next year and I thought what if the 17 is going down the road of the hornet in ammo expenses so I don't know if I should get a 22 this is max distance of 100 yards tho so what's your opinion?

LOVE the Hornet. Ammo is expensive alright. You'd buy decent 223 or 204 for same money

For bunnies get a 22lr box of eley or winnies subs now approx €8 per 50

Thanks bunny shooter

Split the difference and buy a .22 mag. Bit more power out 150 yards and would do a good job on a fox at 100.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter View Post
    Split the difference and buy a .22 mag. Bit more power out 150 yards and would do a good job on a fox at 100.
    Have a 22 mag myself.I find I'm using it nearly all the time lately. Bunnies are gone scarce and I nearly always meet a fox so I find it covers all eventualities. Still have my .22lrs, would never be without a .22lr.

Lance Corporal

Ive had good accuracy with Sellier&Bellot subs 5 euro for 50 or therabouts i bought them as that was all that was in a dealers one day kept with them since
    cci are good too apx 15 for 100
    Last edited by Uinseann_16; 02-01-2018 at 20:35.

some of the prices for the 243 stuff ****ing hell its extortion, hopefully the ppu 90 grains shoot well.

Staff Sergeant

I'm unfamiliar with Irish rabbits, but the ones over here found .22lr CCI Mini-mags quite deadly.

Of course we aren't allowed lead ammo for hunting in CA now so I couldn't tell you what to use in that regard, other than lead free .22lr alternatives being sold here tend to loose it around 25 yards down range.