Thread: Pan fried pigeon breast

Gunnery Sergeant

Default Pan fried pigeon breast

This recipe is best served with mash and savoy cabbage which is cooked just right not stewed.

Take your pigeon breast and season
    Take a frying pan and get it nice and hot, add a bit of oil (your choice I use olive)

As with pheasant I like to eat it pinkish not rubberised so a couple of minutes on both sides to seal then pop in a hot oven to await the dribbling sauce

Now as a sauce here are your choices

Pepper, red wine, mushroom. If your going for mushroom sauce see if you can get some wild mushrooms.

To make the sauce, take a scissors cut open the packet and follow instructions.

(Hey lads I aint no Hugh Fearnly Whitinsal) Bon appetite

that sounds tasty make u want to go out and shoot a few a nice bottle of red wine might try that this weekend

Try it with ''mushroom pepper and gorgonzola sauce'',
    Big knob of butter in a pot, clove of garlic, then the mushrooms cook till golden ( cook with lid on, dont want the juice to vaporise), add pepper, alot more pepper and then when you think you have added too much pepper, add twice the ammount of pepper again
    now add a small tub of cream and then add goggonzolla or any other blue cheese, cashel blue is very good.. leave to simmer until the cheese has mented.

fantastic sauce, works really well with venison.

Banned

ive never shot a gargonzola has it two legs or four

Banned

3 breasts of woodpigeon and 3 slices of smoked bacon pan fry for about 4 mins season cracked peppercorns and salt add a nob of butter at the end serve with brown bread remember pigeon is best pink

I recently had to put some grass seed down in one area of my garden and every morning there are 1 or 2 nice fat pigeons helping themselves to the seed.
    I am about to cover the area with a net to keep them out, after reading this thread I might have taken up a different approach if it wasn’t for the fact that I am unable to fire the shotgun due to the fact that I have neighbours living very close to me.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.