Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gun licence

Default gun lisense

a friend of mine told me his gun lisense expired last november and never got a notice from the garda he is still waiting . surely he should have contacted the firearms officer himself by now , what do ye think lads. my own are up in march i havent got anything in the post yet but i will call 2 them in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimy1971 View Post
    Lads,I'm going to change my shotgun next week.Do I have to go through the same process as when I applied last year?
    No, its just a like for like substitution when the time comes..

Quote Originally Posted by 25-06 deerhunter View Post
    a friend of mine told me his gun lisense expired last november and never got a notice from the garda he is still waiting . surely he should have contacted the firearms officer himself by now , what do ye think lads. my own are up in march i havent got anything in the post yet but i will call 2 them in the next few weeks
    Some lads are getting them late this year, if your time is up then I would contact your FO..

Corporal

Thanks fs243

Quote Originally Posted by foxshooter243 View Post
    Some lads are getting them late this year, if your time is up then I would contact your FO..
    Mine are up inn a fortnight and when I contacted Garda I got told that they would be out but that there could be a back log/delay.

Sergeant

Got my per populated apps 3 months before expiry date. When I renewed them and checked the new renewal date, it should have read 2015, but instead read 2012, this happened on all 3. The fire arms officer mentioned it had happened quite a bit so check your dates on your licneses lads to be sure!
    Lead rain24/7

Quote Originally Posted by sox25 View Post
    Mine are up inn a fortnight and when I contacted Garda I got told that they would be out but that there could be a back log/delay.
    Thats grand, but its best you go to them first because a lad up here got no forms and when he went to the station he had to re submit all information again on new application forms...he never recieved his new applications.